12
Thu, Dec
46 New Articles

DR&G Representing Adria Airways in Challenge to Serbia's State Aid for Air Serbia

DR&G Representing Adria Airways in Challenge to Serbia's State Aid for Air Serbia

Deals and Cases
Typography

Doklestic Repic & Gajin is advising Slovenian airline Adria Airways in relation to its challenge to State aid granted to Air Serbia.

According to DR&G, the state aid provided to Air Serbia is a violation of Serbian law and a violation of the country’s international obligations under the Stabilization and Association Agreement with the EU. The firm reports that Adria Airways contacted the Serbian Commission for control of state aid but received no reply, and has now initiated proceedings in EU institutions.

DR&G Partner Dragan Gajin commented: “Adria Airways is worried over the aid that Serbia has illegally provided to Air Serbia and feels that it is inappropriate because it disrupts freedom of competition on the market.”

The Serbian government owns 51 percent of Air Serbia, with the remaining 49 percent held by Etihad Airways from the United Arab Emirates.

The DR&G team is led by Partner Dragan Gajin.

Slovenia Knowledge Partner

Who we are

Karanovic & Partners is a regional legal practice in Southeast Europe with tradition spanning two decades and cooperating offices in Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. With more than 100 attorneys at law cooperating across the region, we take pride in our work, dedication and understanding of our clients' industries and needs.

What we do

We work with some of the most respected and reputable businesses in the world, banks, as well as governments, state-owned entities, startups and NGOs. We see our clients as long-term partners.

We focus on straightforward solutions and tailor-made advice. Lawyers cooperating with us are fully immersed in our clients’ culture and industry to ensure that the work is delivered intelligently and reliably. 

What sets us apart?

In our company culture, excellence is a must. We are reliable, adaptive and fast.

Karanovic & Partners operates under the “one team” principle, combining our regional reach and local know-how to deliver coordinated legal advice necessary for achieving our clients’ goals.

All News about, and Legal Analysis by, Karanovic & Partners can be found here.

Firm's website: https://www.karanovicpartners.com/

 

Our Latest Issue