The CEE Legal Matters Comparative Legal Guide: Banking/Finance 2023 guide serves as a compass, providing in-depth analysis and insights into the regulatory frameworks governing the banking and finance sector in specific jurisdictions, with a particular focus on the dynamic interplay between local regulations, regional harmonization efforts, and global best practices.
As our co-editor, Igor Odobescu of ACI Partners, explains, “in an era marked by rapid globalization, increasing cross-border transactions, ever-evolving regulatory frameworks, and unprecedented technological advancements, understanding the intricacies of banking and finance law is crucial to navigating the complex challenges and opportunities across specific jurisdictions and the CEE region." He adds: "This guide recognizes that the growth and digitalization of the banking sector extend beyond the boundaries of traditional banking institutions. The rise of fintech startups, digital banking, alternative lending platforms, blockchain, and cryptocurrency and decentralized finance have disrupted the status quo, presenting both opportunities and challenges for legal practitioners. By shedding light on these emerging sectors and their unique legal considerations, it enables readers to stay ahead of the curve, embracing the potential of technological innovation while ensuring compliance with evolving regulatory frameworks."
- Foreword by Igor Odobescu of Aci Partners
- Banking/Finance in Albania - Contributed by Kalo & Associates
- Banking/Finance in Austria - Contributed by Act Legal WMWP Rechtsanwalte
- Banking/Finance in Bosnia And Herzegovina - Contributed by ODI Law
- Banking/Finance in Bulgaria - Contributed by CMS
- Banking/Finance in Croatia - Contributed by Savoric & Partners
- Banking/Finance in Hungary - Contributed by Bird & Bird
- Banking/Finance in Lithuania - Contributed by Averus
- Banking/Finance in Moldova - Contributed by ACI Partners
- Banking/Finance in Romania - Contributed by Popescu & Asociatii
- Banking/Finance in Serbia - Contributed by Gecic Law
- Banking/Finance in Slovenia - Contributed by Jerovsek & Malis
- Banking/Finance in Turkey - Contributed by Guleryuz & Partners
- Banking/Finance in Ukraine - Contributed by Arzinger