We are honored and excited to introduce (and extend a big thank you to!) our regional Final Selection Committee of Jurors for the 2022 CEE Deals of the Year awards.
The CEE Deal of the Year Awards have been granted since 2017 by CEE Legal Matters — the leading source of news and information about the lawyers and legal industry in Central and Eastern Europe — to celebrate the transactions, financings, IPOs, and other deals that underpin growth throughout the region, as well as the lawyers and law firms who make them happen. Members of the Final Selection Committee were tasked with reviewing the shortlisted submissions in each CEE jurisdiction and casting votes to select the ultimate winners – including the ultimate CEE Deal of the Year. The committee voted on the deals shortlisted by our individual country panels that analyzed all deal submissions in the first round of votes.
- Agnes Molnar, Partner, Travers Thorp Alberga
- Aku Sorainen, Senior Partner, Sorainen
- Ersin Nazali, Managing Partner, Nazali Tax & Legal
- Florentin Tuca, Managing Partner, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii
- Glib Bondar, Senior Partner, Avellum
- Horst Ebhardt, Partner, Wolf Theiss
- Hugh Owen, CEE Head of Legal Business Solutions, PwC
- Igor Odobescu, Managing Partner, ACI Partners
- Kevin-Paul Deveau, Partner, Reed Smith
- Lauris Liepa, Managing Partner, Cobalt
- Petar Orlic, Partner, NKO Partners
- Richard Jones, Partner, Slaughter and May
- Sasha Vujacic, Partner, Vujacic Law Office
- Shawn Atkinson, Partner, Orrick
- Tytus Cytowski, Partner, Cytowski & Partners
- Vaclav Bily, Partner, PRK Partners
From the very inception of these awards, we were keen to develop something untainted by perceived commercial (or other) biases and our ability to entrust the decision on the winners to our committees goes a long way in establishing the DOTYs as such. We are extremely fortunate and thankful to have them all agree to join the panel, given the high regard in which they are held, the respect they receive from their peers, and their reputations – all critical to the value of these awards.
The winners of the CEE Deal of the Year will be announced at the annual CEE Deal of the Year Banquet scheduled for April 25, 2023, in Istanbul. More information about the awards and the banquet can be found at doty.ceelegalmatters.com.