19
Sat, Sep
38 New Articles

White & Case, GKC Partners, and Caliskan Okkan Toker Advise on Zynga's Acquisition of Rollic

White & Case, GKC Partners, and Caliskan Okkan Toker Advise on Zynga's Acquisition of Rollic

Turkey
Tools
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

White & Case and its associated Turkish firm, GKC Partners, have advised Zynga Inc. on its USD 168 million acquisition of an 80% stake in Rollic, a mobile games developer and publisher, from Mehmet Can Yavuz, Deniz Basaran, Burak Vardal, Volkan Bicer, Mehmet Ayan, and Yunus Emre Gonul. Caliskan Okkan Toker advised the sellers on the deal, which is expected to close on October 1, 2020.

According to White & Case, “with this acquisition, Zynga enters the hyper-casual market — one of the largest and fastest-growing gaming categories on mobile. Zynga will acquire 80% of Rollic for USD 168 million in cash .... Over the next three years, Zynga will acquire the remaining 20% in equal installments at valuations based on specific profitability goals.”

Founded in December of 2018 by Burak Vardal, Deniz Basaran, and Mehmet Can Yavuz, Rollic is a hyper-casual publisher and game developer based in Istanbul, Turkey. “Eight of Rollic’s games have reached #1 or #2 top free downloaded games in the U.S. App Store, and their latest releases, Go Knots 3D and Tangle Master 3D, were the top two most downloaded games in the U.S. App Store in Q2 2020,” White & Case reported. “Rollic’s titles currently have more than five million mobile daily active users and 65 million mobile monthly active users.”

White & Case’s team included Istanbul-based Partner Asli Basgoz, London-based Partners Will Smith, Lindsey Canning, and Emmie Jones and Associates Elena Ruggiu, Lily Teh, and Michael Hekimian, Silicon Valley-based Partner Bijal Vakil, and New York-based Counsel Elodie Gal.

GKC Partners’ team included Partner Emre Ozsar and Associate Asli Gulum.

Caliskan Okkan Toker's team included Partners Sezer Caliskan and Mustafa Toker, Senior Associates Kaya Dogan and Hazal Boduroglu, and Associate Basak Kandemir.

Earlier this summer, White & Case and GKC Partners advised Zynga on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of Peak Oyun Yazilim ve Pazarlama (as reported by CEE Legal Matters on June 3, 2020).

Turkey Knowledge Partner

NAZALI offers a broad range of services in the fields of Tax, Audit, Corporate and Commercial Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Protective Legal Services and Dispute Resolution, Personal Data Protection and Privacy, Social Security and Labor Law, Occupational Health and Safety, Competition Law, Intellectual Property Law and R&D, Compliance and White-Collar Crimes, Administrative Law, Real Estate Law, Customs and Foreign Trade, Accounting and Payroll, Financial Incentives and Advisory Services and Public Administration and Compliance through its partners, associates and consultants of different seniorities who have both public and private sector experience.

What sets NAZALI apart from others is that NAZALI offers a truly comprehensive service to its clients with experts from different disciplines working collaboratively as a team under one roof enabling us to evaluate all dimensions of legal matters together with financial and technical matters.

The services that NAZALI provides to its clients include the most appropriate solution with the support of technical departments specialized in their fields. In this context, NAZALI associates are supported by NAZALI technical team and work alongside the experts in the fields of finance, social security and customs matters. NAZALI has set out with the aim of providing the most efficient and comprehensive solution for its clients by adapting to the developing conditions and happily gained the trust of its clients by never compromising the quality of service.

As conditions continuously evolve, NAZALI always aims to further itself remaining true to its motto “GROW WITH KNOWLEDGE” and has set out with the aim of providing the most efficient and comprehensive solution for its clients by adapting to the developing conditions and happily gained the trust of its clients by never compromising the quality of service.

Firm's website: http://www.nazali.com

Our Latest Issue