27
Mon, May
62 New Articles

Linklaters and Greenberg Traurig Advise on Student Housing Platform JV in Poland

Linklaters and Greenberg Traurig Advise on Student Housing Platform JV in Poland

Poland
Tools
Typography
  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Linklaters has advised Signal Capital Partners on launching a new student housing platform in Poland, alongside Griffin Capital Partners and Echo Investment. Greenberg Traurig advised Echo investment.

The JV project remains contingent on regulatory approval.

According to Linklaters, Signal Capital Partners is a "multi-euro-billion UK-based private asset management firm focusing on European corporate and real estate special situations investments."

Griffin Capital Partners is a privately owned investment and asset manager in private equity and real estate in CEE.

Echo Investment is a Polish development company.

According to Linklaters, "the new joint venture is aiming to develop, as a first step, an operating portfolio of 5,000 purpose-built, modern, energy-efficient student beds across key academic cities in Poland over the next three to five years. The joint venture will consist of a 70% stake held by a partnership of Signal Capital as the majority shareholder and Griffin Capital Partners. The remaining 30% will be held by Echo Investment. Griffin Capital Partners shall act as the investment and asset manager while Echo Investment will act as the development manager of the venture."

The Linklaters team included Managing Partner Artur Kulawski, Partner Janusz Dzianachowski, Managing Associates Tomasz Trystula, Piotr Zbyszynski, and Wojciech Podlasin, and Senior Associates Barbara Wanat, Michal Nocon, Jan Jurga, Marta Strykowska, and Daria Wojciechowska.

The Greenberg Traurig team included Deputy Managing Partner Radomil Charzynski, Partner Robert Gago, Local Partners Klaudia Krolak and Kamil Majewski, Senior Associates Agnieszka Gul-Czajkowska and Filip Drgas, and Associate Jakub Gajzler.

Our Latest Issue