Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki announced on 24 March 2020 a series of procedures being implemented in the face of the global Covid-19 crisis.
- Restrictions on travel for the entire population of Poland. Travelling to and from work is permitted, also volunteer work as well as travelling for essential activities;
- A complete ban on gatherings in public squares, playgrounds, streets, parks;
- Restrictions on public transport – passengers need to leave a gap of two seats between each other;
- Ban on public gatherings of three people or more;
- Current shopping centre restrictions remain in place;
- The government will be implementing a national support mechanism, the so-called ‘Anti-crisis shield’;
- When moving around, people should keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from each other;
- A mobile application to be introduced for checking if quarantined people remain at home.
The above will remain in place until 11 April 2020.
By Iga Piotrowska, Senior Associate, Penteris