Sat, Nov
70 New Articles

Cobalt Advises INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund on Acquisition of Stake in MBL

Cobalt Advises INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund on Acquisition of Stake in MBL

  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

The Lithuanian office of Cobalt and Denmark's Accura law firm have advised INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund on its acquisition of a 48% stake in MBL from Accession Mezzanine Capital III and the Lauritsen family. The Horten, Gessel, and Norton Rose Fulbright law firms reportedly advised the sellers.

Financial aspects of the acquisition were not disclosed.

According to Cobalt, “prior to the acquisition ... MBL was 70% owned by the Lauritsen family, which founded the company in 1988, with the remaining 30% ownership held by Accession Mezzanine Capital III. As a result of this deal, the fund ... indirectly acquired 48% of MBL while the remaining 52% will continue to be owned by the Lauritsen family.” 

MBL is a Danish manufacturer of wheelchairs, rolling walkers, and other rehabilitation equipment. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Poland and China. 

Cobalt‘s team in Vilnius consisted of Partner Elijus Burgis and Senior Associate Deimante Pagiriene.

Editor's note: After this article was published, Gessel informed CEE Legal Matters that it had advised Accession Mezzanine Capital III on the deal. The firm's team included Partner Malgozata Badowska, Senior Associate Krzysztof Jasinski, and Associate Katarzyna Matyszewska.

Lithuanian Knowledge Partner

COBALT is closely integrated alliance of top-tier law offices in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Belarus, making us one of the largest law firms in the Baltic market. 

COBALT is a trusted partner for daily matters and complex large-scale transactions and disputes. The firm’s broad spectrum of expertise and established position as the market leader give a comprehensive basis for providing advice on special areas of business law.

We advise top international and regional businesses, financial institutions, state and local governments, and the region’s most promising start-ups. We offer leading-edge solutions in key industry sectors: Consumer Products, Trade & Distribution, Real Estate & Construction, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Energy & Utilities, Communications, Media & Technologies, Financial Services, Transport & Logistics.

COBALT has been named Baltic Law Firm of the Year 6 times. We were recognized as the Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year 2019 in the Baltics at the IFLR European Awards in London. COBALT also won CEE Legal Matters Deal of the Year Award for Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, as well as the overall Baltic Deal of the Year, at the 2019 CEE Legal Matters Awards. We have received multiple awards from the Chambers Europe, IFLR, The Lawyer and Mergermarket and we are regularly listed amongst the top performing M&A legal advisors in the Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and Mergermarket deal tables

More information on Cobalt can be found at www.cobalt.legal

All News about Cobalt can be found here.


Our Latest Issue