Eversheds Sutherland has advised Cesky Strojirensky on its acquisition of a 100% stake in MF Energy, a manufacturer of blades and accessories for gas, steam, and smaller water turbines.
White & Case has advised Ceske Drahy, a.s., the Czech national railway transport operator, on its issuance of EUR 500 million 1.5% notes due 2026 and their admission to trading on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. Clifford Chance reportedly advised joint global coordinators and bookrunners Citigroup and Erste Group Bank AG and joint bookrunner ING.
Members of the BPV Legal in Romania, Hungary, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia have provided local counsel in those jurisdictions to Dutch property managers MVGM on its takeover of the property management division of the Jones Lang LaSalle Group in Continental Europe. The Hague office of the Dutch law firm Barents Krans acted as lead counsel to MVGM, and Watson, Farley & Williams was lead counsel to JLL, working with local counsel from Schoenherr in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, and Romania.
Clifford Chance Prague has advised CTP, an industrial developer in the CEE region, on a EUR 1.9 billion underwriting package agreement with Erste Group Bank AG, Ceska Sporitelna a.s., Societe Generale S.A. and Komercni Banka a.s., and UniCredit S.p.A. and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia a.s.
Randa Havel Legal — the Czech office of the Act Legal network — has advised Jufa Investment Group on its acquisition of five solar parks, with a total capacity of 12 MW, from Eques Fotovoltaica. The total value of the transaction, including bank financing, reached approximately one billion crowns. Eversheds Sutherland Dvorak Hager advised Eques Fotovoltaica.
“The main thing right now is the upcoming amendment to Act on Corporations,“ starts Kinstellar Partner Tomas Cihula, describing the situation in the Czech Republic. “The Parliament is considering proposals which seek to clarify some parts of the current legislative framework and that aim to ease the regulatory burden companies are facing.“ Cihula said that this overhaul was met with “approval from the business sector.“
Glatzova & Co has advised the Pale Fire Capital investment group on its acquisition of 55 percent of shares in the Czech Aukro.cz business portal from Agora Development, Equity Partners, and Ladislav Chodak for an undisclosed price. The sellers were reportedly advised by Kubica Zajic & Partners. The remaining 45 percent of Aukro.cz is owned by Leverage Technology, reportedly advised by solo-practitioner Ondrej Kolar.