Asters, March 1, 2022: On 24 February 2022, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Not only military facilities, but also civilian areas and objects (residential buildings, hospitals, kindergartens, etc.) are under the indiscriminate attack of the Russian forces.
The brutal and cynical war started by Russia not only threatens the sovereignty of Ukraine, but also jeopardizes the security system of the entire world. The ongoing heroic battle of Ukrainian soldiers and all Ukrainian people currently prevents the expansion of Putin's tyrannical dictatorship further into Western Europe.
We are deeply touched by that expression of the solidarity and support of Ukraine, the assistance provided to our country and the severe sanctions already imposed on the aggressor by foreign states and organizations.
We believe that Asters' clients and colleagues are standing by us and seeking ways to help Ukraine. To facilitate this, we provide the non-exhaustive list of various actions that may help Ukrainian nation to get through these harsh times.
- Make donations to Ukraine's Armed Forces and charities helping them. Please see the list of the verified fundraising initiatives and bank details for donations in different currencies:
- fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine opened by the National Bank of Ukraine. Bank details for donations;
- Save Life, charity fund helping the Ukrainian army since 2014. Link for donation – please opt for "Help the Ukrainian Army";
- Army SOS, volunteer organization helping soldiers of the Ukrainian army. Bank details for donations.
- Make donations to the international organisations helping Ukrainians during the Russian aggression, in particular:
- International Committee of the Red Cross. The organization aims to help people affected by the war and support the work of the Ukrainian Red Cross. You can donate via its website;
- International Rescue Committee. The organization helps people affected by humanitarian crises to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. You can donate via its website;
- International Medical Corps. The organization is focused on providing healthcare services, psychosocial support, and care to citizens of countries dealing with disaster, disease, and conflict. Donations will go toward providing Ukrainians with better access to medical and mental health resources. You can donate via its website;
- People in need. The organization provides humanitarian aid in critical situations. Donations will go for providing Ukrainians with food packages, emergency shelters, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating. You can donate via its website;
- The UN Refugee Agency. The donations will help displaced Ukrainians with emergency supplies, lifesaving care and protection. You can donate via its website;
- CARE. The organization helps Ukrainians with urgently needed water, food, hygiene kits, and ongoing support in Ukraine. You can donate via its website.
- Block and ignore all Russian propaganda media, such as Russia Today, RTR, RIA Novosti, etc.
- Use and share only reliable sources of information. You may rely on the following official Ukrainian sources:
- The President of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Defence of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- The Parliament of Ukraine;
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- Express your support of Ukraine to the government of your state, business partners and colleagues to intensify military and other assistance for Ukraine, as well as to facilitate imposing as severe as possible sanctions on Russia.
Your help would be much appreciated in this tough time for Ukraine. God bless us!
Glory to Ukraine! / Слава Україні!
Unlike any other news items in CEELM, these are published as received with no other edits than outlined in this editorial note.