Kinstellar has advised Genesis Private Equity Fund II on the sale of its majority stake in KS Klima-Service to TROX GmbH, giving the German-based global producer of air handling equipment and filters 100% ownership of the company.
Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) invites you to the International Conference "KYIV ARBITRATION DAYS 2019: Think Big!"
Allen & Overy has advised a consortium of investors managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Europe) Limited on its EUR 1.8 billion acquisition of a 50.04% stake in Innogy Grid Holding from RWE, making the consortium the sole owner of IGH. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer advised RWE on the deal.
CHSH has advised SES Spar European Shopping Centers on its entrance into a joint venture with Czech investors DBK and Proxy Finance regarding the ownership and operation of the Europark Prague shopping center. EPI, a joint venture of DBK Praha and Proxy Finance, acquired a 77% stake in the shopping center from SES, which retains the other 23%. EPI was reportedly advised by Havel & Partners.
After the first industrial revolution, which involved the discovery and use of steam power, the second, which involved the discovery and use of electricity, and the third, which involved the use of electronics and information and communication technologies such as computers, the fourth industrial revolution has now dawned. This one involves the digitization and interconnection of computers, machines, and people. Examples of this new development are cyber-physical systems: Computer-monitored-and-controlled mechanisms, such as vehicle assistance systems, that support drivers in driving or completely replace them altogether (this is known as “Smart Mobility”), thanks to communication and interaction with other vehicles or stationary devices in the vicinity.
The Deal: In May, 2018, CEE Legal Matters reported that Linklaters, Kocian Solc Balastik, the BLC Law Office, Paksoy, and Tsvetkova Bebov Komarevski had provided advice on Czech, English, Georgian, Turkish, and Bulgarian law, respectively, to Energo-Pro a.s. on its EUR 250 million Eurobond issue in London. Allen & Overy, BGI Legal in Tbilisi, Boyanov & Co. in Bulgaria, and Turkey’s Gedik & Eraksoy advised the joint bookrunners, BNP Paribas, Citigroup Global Markets Limited and J.P. Morgan Securities plc, and the Trustee, Citibank, N.A., London Branch.
At the moment in Poland entities that facilitate infringements by renting properties and those offering other services used to infringe trademark rights may be held liable. However, in the next few years, the practice of Polish courts with respect to the liability of intermediaries for IP infringements on the basis of CJEU ruling C-494/15 will develop and could significantly change the way in which trademark infringement claims are pursued - due to the introduction of new legal tools into Polish law.
Date: 4th June 2019 Venue: Cubex Centre Prague
CMS Prague has advised Ceskoslovenska obchodni banka, the Czech division of KBC Group, on the acquisition of 45% stake in the Czech building savings bank Ceskomoravska stavebni sporitelna from Bausparkasse Schwabisch Hall, advised by Schoenherr.