Noerr, Ellex Raidla, Jeantet, and Bowman Gilfillan have advised Daimler AG on a USD 175 million investment in Estonian startup Taxify. Sorainen Estonia advised Taxify on the successfully concluded funding round that brought its valuation to the USD 1 billion mark.
Havel & Partners and the Frankfurt office of Latham & Watkins have advised a consortium of banks as initial purchasers of 3% senior secured notes in an aggregate principal amount of EUR 450 million due in 2026 issued by Progroup AG and a second consortium of banks in relation to several facilities agreements in an aggregate of more than EUR 600 million (equivalent). Mayer Brown's Dusseldorf office and bpv Braun Partners advised Progroup on German law and Czech law, respectively.
Dentons has advised PFNonwovens Inc., a member of the Prague-based R2G Rohan nonwovens group, in connection with its agreement to acquire First Quality Nonwovens Inc. and First Quality Nonwovens (Wuxi) Co., Ltd., an American and a Chinese manufacturer of nonwovens for consumer, health care, and industrial products. The seller, First Quality Enterprises, was represented by Wachtell Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
Weinhold Legal has advised Zdenek Rinth on the sale of 90% of Kara Trutnov a.s. shares to the C2H group, which belongs to a Czech private investor Michal Micka. Rinth retains the remaining 10%. Financial details were not disclosed, though a Weinhold Legal spokesman confirmed published reports that it was "lower hundreds of millions of CZK."
The European Commission has just published its comprehensive proposal for the so-called "New Deal for Consumers", which aims to strengthen EU consumer rights and enforcement. This includes the proposal for a new Directive enabling certain qualified entities to seek redress on behalf of consumers who have been harmed by an unlawful commercial practice.
CMS Prague has advised private equity-backed Waterlogic, a designer, manufacturer, distributor, and servicer of purified drinking water dispensers on the acquisition of Lux Aqua Czech s.r.o. and Lux Aqua Hungaria Kft., a Czech and a Hungarian company that provides drinking water solutions for B2B clients. The sellers reportedly were represented by Hogan Lovells.
Slaughter and May has advised Vodafone on its acquisition of Liberty Global's operations in Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania. Vodafone was advised by Lakatos, Koves and Partners on Hungarian legal aspects of the acquisition. Liberty Global was represented by Freshfields, with US support from Ropes & Gray.