Mon, Feb
51 New Articles

Dorda Advises ZKW Group on Sale to LG

Dorda Advises ZKW Group on Sale to LG

  • Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
  • Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times

Dorda has advised the shareholders of the ZKW Group on the EUR 1.1 billion sale of the company to South Korea's LG Corporation and LG Electronics. LG was advised by Freshfields and Lee & Ko. 

Under the terms of the transaction, LG Electronics will acquire a 70 percent stake in ZKW Group with parent company LG Corporation purchasing the remaining 30 percent. LG describes the transaction as its largest acquisition to date. 

The ZKW Group is a supplier of automotive lighting systems and electronic components. It is headquartered in Wieselburg, Austria, and maintains production and research facilities in Austria, China, the U.S., Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Mexico, among other places.

LG is a South Korean conglomerate active both in the electronic and chemical industries and in the fields of service enterprises and telecommunication. 

The Dorda team was led by Partners Andreas Mayr and Christoph Brogyanyi and included Associates Florian Nikolai, Clemens Burian, and Julia Haunold.

Freshfields and Lee & Ko. did not reply to an inquiry about the deal.


Our Latest Issue