Adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), applicable as of 25 May 2018, marked a watershed in the regulation of personal data protection and the rights of persons whose data is being processed, while also setting down penalties and making substantial progress in safeguarding the personal right to privacy.
BDK Advokati and Norton Rose Fullbright have advised Coca Cola HBC AG on its EUR 260 million acquisition of Bambi a.d., the leading cookie producer in the countries of former Yugoslavia, from Mid Europa Partners. White & Case advised the sellers on the deal, which is expected to close in the second quarter of 2019 upon issuance of relevant merger clearances."
"Two major things are happening right now which are the focus of our practice: The Tech Industry and Chinese Investors,” says Ivan Nonkovic, Partner and independent attorney at law in cooperation with Karanovic & Partners in Belgrade. "Both things are happening all over the region,” he concedes, ”so not exclusively in Serbia, but they’re definitely significant here too."
As of 1 January 2019, the National Bank of Serbia (“NBS”) took over the competencies of the Ministry of Finance and its department Tax Administration for issuance and revocation of licences to perform exchange operations. The NBS also took over the supervision of foreign exchange operations of Serbian residents and non-residents, being natural persons, entrepreneurs and general legal entities. The NBS adopted several decisions in order to execute the delegated competencies:
BDK Advokati has advised Montenegro's Industriaimport-Industriaimpex AD on its acquisition of 49% of the registered capital of Serbian pharmaceutical wholesaler Farmalogist d.o.o. from private equity firm Adriatic Fund B.V., and in connection with the Shareholders’ Agreement entered into with the owners of the remaining 51% of the shares. HRLE advised Adriatic, while Bojanovic & Partners advised the owners of 51% of the shares in Farmalogist.
BDK Advokati, working with international legal counsel Allen & Overy, has announced that it acted as Serbian legal counsel to the lenders providing over EUR 400 million loan commitments for Vinci's concession agreement to take over the management of Belgrade's Nikola Tesla Airport, which closed on December 21, 2018.