Randa Havel Legal has represented the owners of Astratex in the sale of the majority of their stake in the company to the Hartenberg Holding investment group, which is owned by Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis. Hartenberg Holding was advised by Mikulas & Partners. The transaction value was not disclosed.
Dunovska & Partners has advised Serge Grimaux, a promoter of the Rolling Stones concert in Prague, on securing financing for the concert organization costs, as well as negotiating and executing contractual documentation with financing partner Bestsport, a member of PPF Group, and with Rolling Stones management and other contractual partners and service providers.
BPV Braun Partners has advised Immofinanz on the sale of the Brno Business Park office buildings via a share deal to the Infond investment fund. The transaction closed on March 9, 2018.
Allen & Overy's Bucharest, Prague, Warsaw, Amsterdam, and Luxembourg offices have advised the EBRD and ING Bank Romania on a EUR 96 million financing for CTPark Bucharest — a logistics park located on the A1 Bucharest-Pitesti motorway, owned by CTP Group.
A consortium of Kocian Solc Balastik, PwC Legal Germany, PwC Legal Czech Republic, and Heuking Kuhn Luer Wojtek has won a tender to advise the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency on public procurement law, competition law, and contract management issues.
Slovak lawyer Zoltan Sarkany has become Head of Legal Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary at the Arval BNP Paribas Group in Prague.
Latham & Watkins and Schoenherr have advised Telenor on its agreement to sell its assets in Central and Eastern Europe to the PPF Group for EUR 2.8 billion on an enterprise value basis. White and Case (as lead counsel) and Karanovic & Nikolic advised PPF Group on the deal. Allen & Overy, BDK Advokati, and Boyanov & Co. advised Societe Generale, as agent, and a syndicate of banks on a EUR 3.05 billion credit facility provided to PPF Group for the acquisition, which is expected to close in Q3 2018 and is subject to the relevant merger control and regulatory approvals.
Allen & Overy has advised International Campus Group, a Munich-based specialist for micro-living products, on its expansion to the Czech Republic.
Martin Severa has joined CEE Attorneys Prague office as a partner and the new head of real estate.
CEE Attorneys has advised PZL Sedziszow S.A., a Polish automotive, industrial and agricultural filter producer, in its acquisition of a 69% stake in Bohm Plast-Technik a.s., a Czech producer and service provider in the area of plastic injection moulding technologies and metallization.
On January 2, 2018, CEE Legal Matters reported that Czech pharmacy chain Dr. Max acquired the entire A&D Pharma network in Romania, in a transaction that has been shortlisted for CEE Deal of the Year 2017 in the country. While the transaction awaits approval from authorities, we reached out to Ivo Senkyrik, Head of Group M&A at Dr. Max, to find out how his team made the deal happen.
Kinstellar has advised Genesis Private Equity Fund III and the Poland-based Avallon MBO Fund II on the acquisition of EQOS Energie Polska Sp. z o.o. and EQOS Energie Cesko spol. s r.o.
Rita Ran Pang is a Chinese-qualified lawyer and a member of Kinstellar’s business development team, focussing on the Chinese market. Before joining Kinstellar in Prague, she worked for a Chinese law firm in Shanghai for five years, where she focused on foreign investment, cross-border transactions, merger & acquisitions, and outbound investment.
Dvorak Hager & Partners has represented investment group Opifer on its acquisition of Euro Mall Brno Real Estate from Atrium, a leading developer and operator of shopping malls in Central and Eastern Europe. The seller was represented by Clifford Chance.
KSB has advised Karlovarske Mineralni Vody on its purchase of PepsiCo’s Czech, Slovak, and Hungarian operations. The transaction remains subject to approval by the relevant antitrust authorities.
CMS has advised PPF Group on the acquisition of Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Group, with 95% of the shares acquired from the Modern Times Group — advised by Allen & Overy and Spasov & Bratanov — and the remaining 5% from Eastern European Media Holdings S.A.
The old Czech Commercial Code, which dated from 1991, prescribed that one third of the supervisory board of joint-stock companies with more than 50 employees must be elected by the employees. This originally brief regulation became increasingly complex, and by the time the Commercial Code was repealed thirteen years later it included detailed instructions on the matter.
In The Corner Office, we invite Managing Partners at law firms from across the region to share information about their careers, management styles, and strategies. Our question this time: “What mistake do young associates commonly make that is most frustrating for you?”