CMS has advised Andlinger & Company (A&C) on its acquisition of a majority interest in the Slovenian Eti Elektroelement d.d., a leading manufacturer of fuses and modular protection devices, from a sale consortium of 950 Eti shareholders, which also includes the company's employees. The consortium was advised by the Slovenia's Ulcar & Partnerji.
Rojs, Peljhan, Prelesnik & Partners (RPPP) has advised Enterprise Investors on the acquisition by the Polish Enterprise Fund VII, which it manages, of 100% of shares in sporting good retailer Intersport ISI in a carve-out transaction from Mercator Group. According to RPPP, "the value of the transaction is up to EUR 34.5 million and the transaction transaction is conditional upon obtaining customary regulatory approvals." RPPP — a member of the TLA alliance — reports that "all other TLA law firms from the region, including JPM Jankovic Popovic Mitic from Serbia, Tkalcic-Djulic, Prebanic, Rizvic and Jusufbasic-Goloman from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Debarliev, Dameski & Kelesoska from Macedonia" were involved as well. Slovenia’s Jadek & Pensa and Serbia’s Prica & Partners advised Mercator on the transaction.
Miro Senica and Attorneys has advised the Slovenian start-up company Creatriks, Kreativne Komunikacije, d.o.o. on investment of EUR 550,000 it received from Austrian company Speedinvest II International GmbH, which the firm describes as "up to the present day ... the biggest investment in Slovenia to a Slovenian start-up company."
Schoenherr is reporting that, on September 30, 2016, Michael Lagler was elected as the new Managing Partner at the firm, where he will take over from Christoph Lindinger, who has led the Central and Eastern European law firm for the past 16 years. Lagler's term will begin at the start of the firm’s next fiscal year, on February 1, 2017.
Schoenherr, working with the Swiss firm Bar & Karrer as lead counsel, is advising OVS S.p.A., a leading Italian clothing retailer, and Sempione Retail AG, in connection with Sempione Retail's cash tender offer for all publicly held bearer shares of Swiss company Charles Vogele Holding AG in Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, and Poland. The Swiss Homburger firm and investment bank Lazard advised Charles Vogele.
Wolf Theiss Ljubljana has advised Societa’ Italiana Acetilene e Derivati (SIAD), which already owned 49% of Istrabenz Plini d.o.o., on its successful acquisition of the remaining 51% share from Istrabenz d.d. Slovenia’s Zdolsek Attorneys at Law advised the sellers on the transaction, which closed on September 7, 2016.
On August 8, 2016, CEE Legal Matters reported that ODI had advised Elektroservisi — which builds, reconstructs, and services electrical power systems and facilities and is closely connected to Elektro Ljubljana — on a EUR 12 million out-of-court restructuring with BAMC/DUTB and Banka Sparkassa. We reached out to Klemen Bostjancic, the Director of BRIO svetovalni center, the financial advisor to Elektroservisi on the matter, for more information.
This is a stable and steady time for lawyers in Slovenia, according to ODI Law Managing Partner Uros Ilic, who says that the consistent growth of the past few years — he reports 12 straight quarters of growth in the country — shows no sign of abating. Indeed, Ilic reports, although lawyers and clients alike are taking holidays in August, July was “extremely busy” in Slovenia.
ODI has advised SKB Banka d. d. (a part of Societe Generale Group) on a EUR 17.25 million acquisition financing of KJK Investicije 3 d.o.o., a Slovenian SPV under the control of KJK Fund II. Selih & Partnerji advised KJK on the financing and the underlying transaction — KJK’s acquisition of Tomplast d.o.o. (and indirectly its subsidiary Unitplast d.o.o.) from Ramapo Holdings Limited (which was represented by Ulcar & Partnerji and White & Case).