The Latvian office of TGS Baltic has assisted AS DNB Banka and its group companies during the insolvency proceedings of a debtor and in related legal proceedings, resulting in partial settlement of the claims and the takeover of the real properties pledged as security for the loan by a company in the DNB Banka group.
November 7th 2017
TGS Baltic has advised Laimonis Kravalis and Daiga Grigale, the majority shareholders of AS Interbaltija AG, on the buy-out of minority shareholder SIA Wine Holding and the subsequent sale of 100% shares of AS Interbaltija AG to Amber Beverage Group. The Latvian office of Eversheds Sutherlands advised SIA Wine Holding.
CEE Attorneys Lithuania has opened an office in Riga, Latvia, and appointed Senior Associate Valery Komisarov as Real Estate and Construction Head in the country. Komisarov will also manage the Riga office, reporting to Managing Partner of CEE Attorneys Lithuania, Daina Senapediene, who will remain in Vilnius.
Primus has represented Klaipedos Baldu Prekyba JSC — a furniture retail trade chain with eight stores in Lithuania operating under the Berry trademark — on its conclusion of a long term lease agreement with the Elkor group for a multi-story building and adjacent territory for a store in the central part of Riga.
Glimstedt has advised DistIT AB on its EUR 1.2 million acquisition of an 80% stake in Sominis Technology UAB, a Vilnius-based distributor of PC, laptop, smartphone, and tablet accessories. Closing of the deal is contingent on various conditions, including approval from Lithuania's competition authority. Deloitte advised the sellers on the deal.
Sorainen Latvia, acting pro bono, is assisting the Latvian Trade Union of Education and Science Employees (LIZDA) in its claim that liquidation proceedings of the Riga Teacher Training and Educational Management Academy (RPIVA) are not legal. With Sorainen's assistance, LIZDA has asked policy makers in education and the parties involved to stop the liquidation of the academy, which was, the firm reports, "started in haste."
Cobalt has advised Santa Monica Networks Group on the sale of its Estonian and Finnish subsidiaries to the Elisa Corporation telecommunications company and its Latvian and Lithuanian subsidiaries to Livonia Partners. Bird & Bird advised the Elisa Corporation and Ellex Raidla advised Livonia Partners on the transaction, which is expected to be completed by May 1, 2017.
Tria Robit, working on behalf of Italian undertaking Ferrero S.P.A., has successfully opposed the international registrations by Ukrainian undertaking Dochirnie pidpryiemstvo "Kondyterska korporatsiia Roshen" with the word "Roshen" in them – subsequently designated to Latvia – on the basis that they created a likelihood of confusion with Ferrero's earlier international "Ferrero Rocher" figurative trademark registration and improperly imitated a well-known trademark.
Working alongside global counsel Mannheimer Swartling, Sorainen has advised Providence Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Baltic businesses of Swedish media holdings Modern Times Group. Allen & Overy advised Providence on financing for the acquisition. Cobalt — working alongside Sweden's Hamilton law firm — advised the Modern Times Group on the deal.
Tark Grunte Sutkiene has advised Estonian company 1Home Group AS on its acquisition and takeover of management of a student hotel in Riga and its obtaining of EUR 8.4 million financing from AS DNB Banka for the expansion of its business of providing rental housing for students in the Baltics and Poland.
Tark Grunte Sutkiene has assisted a minority (20%) shareholder of SIA Vudlande with a buy-out of the remaining 80% of the company from Latvian Timber Ltd. (UK), giving the former minority shareholder 100% ownership as a result of the transaction. Spigulis & Kukainis advised Latvian Timber on the deal.