Preparations have begun for the end-of-year league table summarizing the deals of law firms across CEE in 2016, which will be used both as a basis for analysis in our special year-end Issue (see an example here) and for our Year-In-Deals table. Here's how you make sure your firm's deals are included!
Although the table will be based primarily on the deals/disputes/advisory work that we have reported on the CEE Legal Matters website throughout the year, we’re also encouraging firms to supplement our coverage with deals that may have fallen through the cracks. Accordingly, here is a table aggregating all 901 deals we reported on this year (you can use the search box to look for your own firm), and here is a spreadsheet that you can use to report any deals that are not already included. We are looking at deals and cases closed/concluded between December 1, 2015 and November 30, 2016.
A few important details to keep in mind:
- Due to the high volume of input we expect, we will not be able to process information that is submitted to us in a different format/template. The excel file contains note and formatting examples in the first line under the headings.
- There are two deadlines for submissions:
- December 16, 2016: Submissions received by this deadline will receive a confirmation of receipt — and, should the submission deviate from the template in any way, feedback about how to correct the errors to ensure inclusion. We will not be able to provide any feedback past this date and submissions received after this date that do not follow the template will not be included.
- January 6, 2017: Submissions received by this deadline that fully satisfy the template requirements will be included — but no confirmation or feedback will be possible.
- Please send the updated excel sheet with an updated file name which includes your firm’s name
- We understand that some client work is sensitive and you may not be able to report it publicly. In those instances, please use the last column to mark confidentiality as applicable to that work. We will then not identify that particular transaction/case but only use it for statistical purposes.
- Although we are trying to contact each individual office, it might be a good idea to share this announcement with your colleagues in other jurisdictions as well, to ensure that all your deals, throughout CEE, are captured.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions related to this. We look forward to your submission!